Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What Happens with Taco Bell

I watched What Happens in Vegas at the Gateway Cinema and as usual, I needed something to munch on while watching.

Since Taco Bell was just below the cinema, I ordered Grilled Pork BBQ Burrito and Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes to go. Unfortunately, their fiesta potatoes were not available, so I just had their Nachos with Cheese Dip instead. All are part of their P39 promotion.


I have had their Beef Burrito before and didn't like it, but my sister said that the grilled pork BBQ was better, so I gave it a try.


The Grilled Pork BBQ Burrito is made up of flour tortilla with seasoned grilled pork BBQ chunks and yellow rice fillings.


The meat (grilled pork) was very tasty. But as a whole the burrito didn't taste the way I hoped it would. It needed some sauce like salsa, sour cream or cheese or maybe all of it in it.

Maybe I shouldn't be adventurous anymore with their burritos and stick with their tried and tested Grilled Chicken Soft Taco.

I was really hoping to taste their fiesta potatoes. I was craving for potato wedges for a month now. I was really disappointed that it wasn't available.

Good thing that their nachos were good. It was served hot, with that just-out-of-the-fryer crispiness and smell to it. It tasted the same as the Tostada Chips of Chili's, while the cheese dip tasted like Cheez Whiz.

It is a good alternative to the usual fries and onion rings and for P39, you'll get value for your money.

Unlike last week, this time I enjoyed both the movie and the food (well, except the burrito). I guessed you can't have it all, at least for now.

Happy Eating!

P.S. For the first time I ate Ginatang Negros (with grounded ube, thus the purplish color) inside the movie theater. The experience was unusual but good =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...