Saturday, February 23, 2008

Legazpi Sunday Market

This I also just read from food blogs.

I like going to the Salcedo Market on Saturdays, because there's new finds every time.



If Salcedo's on Saturdays, Legazpi's on Sundays.

The booths/stalls at Legazpi's were not that close to each other, that you can walk leisurely in between. My only gripe, not as many exhibitors/tenants as Salcedo's.

HERE ARE MY GOOD FINDS FOR THAT SUNDAY:


SYMPHONY OF SWEETS' CHOCOBERRY ICE-BOX CAKE P130



Tastes like the Choco Cherry Torte of Goldilock's without the cherries, but with the berries. I love the cream in the cake, it's not too sweet, I was able to finish the entire container in one sitting.

They have other variants that I have tried, liked and will buy next time, like Caramel, Pistachio, Mud Pie and Mango.


YAN CHING'S MIXED KUAPAO P35
A mixture of vegetables and shredded pork with sweet sauce

The filling was well-seasoned and tasty, but I still prefer their Chinese Lumpia.



PUTO PAO (CHOCO OVERLOAD, CHOCO HAZELNUT & UBE PASTILLAS) P12/EACH

A refreshing twist from the usual puto.

Though I am a chocoholic, I prefer their bestseller, the Ube Halaya (which I was able to taste but didn't buy. I don't know why). But their chocolate variants reminded me of chocolate truffles. Small chocolate puto with chocolate fillings. The overload even has white chocolate flakes on top.

They also have pork floss version of puto.

I also bought 3pcs of Ramekins (a small glazed ceramic serving bowl used for the preparation and serving of various food dishes) for just P30 a piece. A huge difference from department stores' price of P400 up per piece.


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...