Tuesday, September 23, 2008

L'opera

l'opera-far
l'opera
I went there for a late lunch before going to S&R, but was greeted by a “closed” sign.
Hungry, I just settled for the free taste at S&R bakery and the Chicken Baked Roll.

l'opera-close
After grocery shopping, it’s now time for dessert at L’opera of Panna Cotta al Miele Tartufato P290 or panna cotta with honeyed truffle syrup and sweet balsamic vinegar.

l'opera-panna
Panna Cotta means cooked cream in Italian.

l'opera-pannasides
I tried the panna cotta different ways.

l'opera-pannatop
If plain, it was densely-creamy. It’s as creamy as a leche flan but not airy. It’s more like a firm tofu. It was also not that sweet.

When paired with honey and truffle oil, it became sweeter and with balsamic, slightly tangy.

I don’t know how something this weird (on paper), can all work and blend together and produced something different and good.

I wouldn’t mind having this again. But next time I’ll make sure to have a big space in my tummy for it. It was very satiating. I wouldn’t recommend it after a heavy meal.

Before I forget, they’ll also serve you complimentary bread basket with 3 dips (salsa, liver pate and butter).

l'operabreads
The breads and salsa were good, the pate was bitter and the butter’s just okay.

Overall, L’opera’s a great place to chill or have a romantic date in.

Happy Eating!

L’opera
The Fort, 26th St. Cor 5th Ave
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...