Monday, October 3, 2011

Toast Box

It was my first time at Toast Box and I can't decide what to order. My friend recommended the Hainanese Chicken Rice but I was intrigued more by the Nasi Goreng.


Photobucket


The cashier said that it's better than their Nasi Lemak, which I also wanted to try. With that said I settled for their Nasi Goreng. The national dish of Indonesia and which literally means fried rice in indonesian.
It came with fried anchovies, fresh cucumber slices, sambal sauce and fried egg.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I like how the fried rice tasted and the way it was cooked. And even if it's oilier than Chinese fried rice and only has cabbage, garlic and chicken flakes, I still like this fried rice version, but not as much as Yang Chow. I just found the side dishes (anchovies, cucumber, sambal sauce and fried egg) a nice touch, compared to a boring Chinese fried rice.

The fried rice was a little bit sweet but at the same time was "malinamnam". Every morsel were coated with the sweet brown sauce, kecap manis. I just wished they added more chicken and meat just like a Nasi Goreng Istimewa (special fried rice, which has a lot going on), that way it'll be a complete meal on its own. A caveat though for the health conscious, this is oilier than Chinese fried rice, so order at your own risk.

I wanted to order too the Horlicks Dinosaur, or just a cold horlicks with horlicks powder on top, but since I just bought bottles of Horlicks in Singapore and haven't even open one, I foregone ordering it for now.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy Eating!

TOAST BOX
Ground Level, Robinsons Place Manila

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...