Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Italiannis 3-course Lunch Special

After my check-up, I had a late lunch at Italiannis.

Photobucket

I wanted truffle fries, fettuccine tartufo and green mango shake or the lymonata, dalandan calamansi juice. But upon knowing that only the mayonnaise was infuse with truffle and not the fries, I changed my mind.

I instead had the 3-course Lunch Special.

For starters there were two choices, meatballs soup or the milano salad. I chose the salad. I were told that it was just a side salad portion. But when it was served, it was more than enough for one, that I wasn't able to finish it all. The dressing was tangy/vinegary, the lettuce were crisp and fresh and the salami was as it should taste, salty.

Photobucket
Photobucket

For my main, the choices were fish, chicken and pork. I chose the pollo pesto with ham and mozzarella.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was served with mashed potatoes and buttered vegetables.

Photobucket

I like the sauce of the dish. It can very well be a pasta sauce. The mashed potatoes were chunky but has a creamy taste. I didn't see any trace of the mozzarella in the chicken. So maybe the mozzarella was in the sauce. I didn't ask.

For dessert, choices were the kalamansi sorbet or the buko lychee. I chose kalamansi, but it was not available that day. I was sad as I like kalamansi, green mango and lemonade, that I have them almost every day.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The buko lychee was mostly lychee and was slimy and sweet.

Photobucket
Photobucket
*complimentary bread with olive oil-balsamic dip


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...