Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Banana Leaf Asian Cafe

I was out with my friend Anjean last Thursday at Robinsons Place. We (I, especially) were very hungry and we're thinking of a good resto to eat, when we passed by Banana Leaf at the Midtown Wing of Robinsons.

I have tried their Roti Dog a couple of months back, but not their best seller, Roti Canai & Curry Sauce.

Since I vowed to try all the restos of Midtown, I thought that that time was the best time to do so. But alas! my friend Anjean doesn't like Malaysian food =(

What to do in a situation like this? Just order it to go & dine wherever he wants to.


Roti Canai (pronounced "chanai" not "kanai") is a type of flat bread found in Malaysia.
Roti means bread in Hindu & Malay. While the term Canai is derived from "channa", a mixture of boiled chickpeas in a spicy gravy from Northern India, which it was traditionally served with.
---WIKIPEDIA



Banana Leaf's Roti Canai P78, was airy, soft, buttery & a little bit sweet. It's a cross between a pancake & a crepe, both in texture & taste. It also has a satiating smell emanating from it.

The Curry Sauce P30, on the other hand, has a strong Herby taste, though not spicy. It partners well with the roti canai.


An order of it is good for 2 or more roti canai, depending on how you dip it. As for me, I used my left-over sauce a s a dip for my tortilla bread & the rest I mixed with chicken chunks for an instant chicken curry.

It was said, that roti canai can also be taken with condensed milk, that I'm excited to try.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...