Monday, March 17, 2008

Mickey's Deli

While being lost at Jupiter St. in Makati, I passed by this delicatessen. Hoping to see Gorgonzola cheese inside, I decided to come in & take a look.

The delicatessen is divided into 3 areas. The deli counter, the l'artizan bread shop & the cafe/restaurant.

They have a number of home-made and imported (from all over Europe)cheese, sausages, Bacon, salamis, hams & meatloaf in their deli counter - but no Gorgonzola cheese that day =(

At their L'artizan bread shop, they serve rustic euro-style bread ranging from sourdough to muffins. They have free taste of their breads, so you can pick what you like before buying. Their croissant is sweet, soft & crunchy, all at the same time. While the whole wheat sourdough was too dry for my taste.

They serve lunch & dinner at their restaurant, with specialties like bavarian meatloaf & pizzas right off the open wood-fire grill. But since I just had my lunch then, I opted to buy just 3 kinds of sausages from their deli to try at home.

I bought an order each of Nuremberger Bratwurst Pork Sausage (dubbed as their World Famous Sausage), Chili Beef & Beef with Cheese.


Back at home, I tried cooking the nuremberger first, the way a guest at Martha Stewart Living did, sauteed with garlic & onions. Since I don't have any herb on hand, I just added bell pepper to the dish & paired it with my version of home fries.


The nuremberger is good and well-seasoned, but not as tasty as the chili & garlic sausage of Delimondo by the Jaka Group.

A few days after cooking the nuremberger, I cooked the chili beef sausage. I removed the sausage from its casing & stir-fried it with mushrooms, onions, garlic & bell pepper. I also sprinkled a couple of pinches of chili flakes to it.


The sausage was just mildly spicy, almost like a hot dog in taste. Comparing it to Delimondo's chili & garlic, mickey's chili beef tastes bland.


I just have to wait & see how the beef with cheese sausage would taste and I'll get back to you.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...