Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Felix and Zuni

I can't seem to get enough of the new restaurants of Greenbelt 5. In fact, I went there again last week and dined in two of them, Felix and Zuni.

Instead of main course/entree then dessert, I had it the other way around.

I went in Felix and had a dessert cake known as Angelina P180.


It is layers of graham crust, custard, ice cream and meringue, drizzled with caramel syrup and topped with sliced grapes.

The cake tasted like the frozen brazo of Sweet Life by Ange but less sweet.


Personally, I don't like the grapes on top. It didn't complement the cake but just added color contrast. Peaches or mangoes would make better substitutes.


Though good, I found the cake expensive for its size. I can have a baby brazo from Sweet Life for just a few more peso.

While waiting for your order they'll give you complimentary breads like whole wheat roll or bonete with butter. I asked for the bonete.

Bonete is a traditional cone-shaped bread from Liliw. It was soft, fluffy and sweet.


By the way, I have read in the Inquirer that Felix is owned by Richard & Lucy Gomez, Ben Chan and Florabel Co (of Ten Titas & Florabel).

For my entree, I went to Zuni, just beside Felix. I ordered the Angus Beef Steak Sandwich P275. An order of it comes with potato fries.


The Angus Beef Steak Sandwich has strips of Angus beef, caramelized onions, lettuce & tomatoes, in between ciabatta bread with mustard spread.


The Angus beef was sliced very thinly but still came out juicy and sweet, paired with the tanginess of the mustard sauce. Though I would love if it has cheese in it, like a Philly cheese steak. Because it really lacked something in taste.

The thick-cut potato fries have a hint of crab taste in it, why and how I don't know.

Of the 3 restaurants, Myron's, Felix and Zuni, that I have eaten in, I found Myron's food taste better. But Felix and Zuni's service are impeccable. They were fast, friendly, attentive and accommodating.

Happy Eating!

Felix
greenbelt 5, Ayala Center

Zuni
Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...