Monday, June 9, 2008

Myron's Place

Out last Friday at Greenbelt, I was excited to have dinner at Cascada. unfortunately, the restaurant's already closed, permanently =(

With nowhere to eat and with my tummy already grumbling, I settled in one of the newly-opened restaurants at Greenbelt 5, Myron's Place.


It was said that they're famous for their steaks and burgers. With that in mind and with the server's recommendation, I ordered their Wagyu Burger P395.

While waiting they'll serve you Honey Rye Bread with Butter. In my case, the complimentary bread and my order of wagyu burger came simultaneously after almost 25 minutes.


Just imagine my dismay waiting for more than 20 minutes without anything to eat. Points off for their slow service and inattentive staff.

The optimist in me still believes that it was a blessing in disguise, since I was able to try pairing the honey rye bread with the wagyu patty, which I found heavenly. I really think they should add it in their menu =)

The complimentary honey rye bread looked and tasted like it was made of and with chocolates. It was also exceptionally good buttered down.

The Wagyu Burger is made-up of a soft and buttery bun, with a thin spread of mayonnaise, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and a couple of big and perfectly seasoned onion rings. An order of the burger comes with thick-cut fries.


The wagyu patty (medium) was lean, thick and juicy. I also love how it retained its juiciness even after spending more than a day in the ref (I took home half of the burger).


Another recommendation and an obvious best seller (based on the number of people having that dessert that day), was the Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding P160. The pudding comes with a shot glass of toffee-butterscotch sauce and topped with a scoop of ice cream.


The pudding was dense and creamy but not too sweet, complemented by the strong toffee flavor of the sauce. Their toffee sauce tasted the same as that of Mezzaluna's, strong and dark.


And what better way to have your pudding, but ala mode. They have ice cream flavor options, like vanilla, strawberry or dark caramel. I chose the latter.


As expected the flavor complemented the creaminess of the pudding and the dark flavor of the toffee sauce by adding some sweetness.

It was one of the best bread pudding I have ever had, and frankly, I had a lot. For the taste, it was second only to Mezzaluna's, since the latter has dates in it and the snap cone was very tasty. Size-wise, I prefer Myron's and also when you want it less sweet.

Myron's food, from the complimentary honey rye bread down to the bread pudding, were all exceptionally good. There are only 2 areas they should work on. Their service, which was slow and inattentive (particularly the female servers). There was also lack of knowledge of their menu (again, female servers). And second, even if the interiors and ambiance were good, the prevalence of flies even inside the restaurant killed it.

In spite all of these negative things about their service and the flies, there's nothing negative I can say about their food. In fact, I'm even planning on a return visit soon and perhaps ordering their Moroccan Lamb Shanks or their Duet of Bacon Wrapped Angus Steak and Grilled Prawns and maybe their Banana Cream Pie.

Happy Eating!

Myron's Place
Ground Floor, Greenbelt 5,
Ayala Center, Makati City

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...