Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mr Jones Honey Drizzled Fried Chicken

I like the food at Mr Jones. I am there almost weekly. So when there was a promo from Groupon/Beeconomic of P500 for P1000 worth of food. I immediately bought 4 coupons.

Last July was my first time to avail/redeem one of the coupons. Also, it was my husband's first time there.
Even though I frequent the resto, I usually order my favorites and don't try anything new.
That afternoon I decided to order something new, the Honey Drizzled Fried Chicken and Homemade Biscuits.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I love, love, love, the homemade biscuits. They tasted very fresh and they were soft and sweet and creamy. I also feel the same with their mashed potato, that's creamy as well. Same thing with the light-colored gravy, that complimented all three (chicken, biscuits and mashed potato). What I don't like was the over fried taste of the chicken and how oily it was. And because it was over fried, I ate it without the breading.

My husband had the  U.S. Beef Ribcap "Tapa and Garlic Overload".

Photobucket
Photobucket

He liked the garlic rice, atchara, vinegar dip and the sunny side-up eggs and also the taste of the tapa. He just doesn't like that it has a lot of fatty parts.

We also ordered  Hot & Spicy "Shrimp Scampi" for appetizer.

Photobucket

Incidentally just the night before, I cooked Gambas.

It did taste almost the same. Mr Jones was just spicier and has lots of oil. But I like how it tasted. I also like the rye bread croutons that it came with dipped on the scampi.

Happy Eating!

MR JONES
Greenbelt 5, Makati

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...