Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sophie's Mom

I have read about Sophie's Mom on a fashion blog I follow. She raved about their cupcakes and truffles.
So when I saw their kiosk in Megamall I immediately bought a couple of sweets to try.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They were slightly pricey for their size, and the fact that they are not that famous. I just reasoned to myself that maybe they are so good and that they use high quality ingredients, that's why.

I bought one each of their cupcakes.

Photobucket

The Red Velvet, which is allegedly their bestseller, has a very bland cream cheese topping, and the cupcake base although moist, was not that good.

Photobucket

The Tres Leches with Lemon has a very bland topping too. The cupcake base was also not that good.

Photobucket

The Chocolate Ganache was the one I was able to tolerate. I like the ganache topping on the cupcake, the moist sponge cake and the yema filling.

Photobucket

I also bought a piece of their Red Velvet Cookie. The seller told me that it is a chewy cookie and that it has cream cheese and chocolate chips incorporated in the cookie. I was sold.

Photobucket

A chewy red velvet cookie with chocolate chips, who wouldn't love that.

But when I took a bite of the cookie, it was not a chewy but rather a crumbly and crispy cookie. It was very sweet and the white part in it doesn't even taste like cream cheese.

I suggest they re-evaluate their products or else they wouldn't have repeat customers.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...