Tuesday, November 15, 2011

French Baker On A Rainy Day

I went out one afternoon to buy something when just as I was about to cross the mall it rained heavily. I thought of just staying put and wait it out, but there were already flood waters. My shoes were already drenched and ruined (it's made of suede) that I just pushed thru the rain. As a result, my clothes were soaking wet. As if I swam with my clothes on.

As I entered the air-conditioned area of the mall, I was already shivering. There were 2 choices. To buy clothes and shoes to change into or just let them dry.

As I don't want to be sick I opted for choice 1. I bought an entire outfit. First I thought of buying something cheap, those that you'll only wear once, but then that would be just a waste of money. I should buy something that I like and would definitely wear more than once. I felt extreme pressure of buying in a hurry, as my clothes were already drying out. But I still was able to do it. After changing into something dry, my body was still cold, like I'm coming down with a cold or something, that I decided to have dinner at French Baker. I ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu, which wasn't the best but which I like. It's served with mashed potato, buttered veggies, roll (my choice) and chowder soup. The soup soothed my cold body, while the rest comforted it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And as I still felt cold after my Cordon Bleu dinner, I ordered a pot of Japan Classic (green tea), which they served with a brownie bite.

Photobucket

Thinking about that meal made me warm inside. That rainy evening was made warm by the food at French Baker. I am one satisfied customer that night. I also leisurely ate my meal facing the Parisian mural. It felt like I was in Paris that night. A rainy evening in Paris.

Photobucket

P.S. Back again at French Baker yesterday and ordered the same thing, Cordon Bleu. Although this time I had to return my Cordon Bleu to the kitchen as it was not thoroughly cooked. Soup served that day was Curry Soup.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...