Monday, March 14, 2011

French Baker and Jack's Loft

I just had CBTL's Blueberry Cheesecake for 3 consecutive days now, that I feel I needed a break from it.

Things would have been easier if I were allowed chocolates. There are a lot of new desserts at Starbucks, all of which has chocolates, even their cake pops' base is chocolate cake. So to deviate from the usual cakes and brownies, I had cookies for dessert.

Photobucket
STARBUCKS CAKE POPS

I bought Jack's Loft White Choco Chunk Cookie (P30) and French Baker's Peanut Butter (P37) and Oatmeal Raisin (P46)

Photobucket
JACK'S LOFT WHITE CHOCO CHUNK

The White Choco Chunk of Jack's Loft smelled divine. As if you were transported to a confectionery shop. I smelled it a couple more times before I took a bite, rather I broke a piece.

It was crispy, sweet and creamy but with not much white chocolate in it. It would have been better if it were chewy rather than crispy. But I wouldn't mind buying one or two again, just for the smell.

I am fascinated with anything Parisian. Paris is on the top of my bucket list. The city I would really, really, really love to visit if money was not an option. So it wouldn't be a surprise that I like French Baker's tray liners, so much so that I take it home with me, just one per design :-)

Photobucket
FRENCH BAKER OATMEAL RAISIN AND PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Now back to the cookies, I bought Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from them (French Baker).

Photobucket
Photobucket
They both didn't have that confectionery smell that Jack's Loft White Choco has, but they were better, better in taste.

Photobucket
From the two, I like the Peanut Butter more. It was chewy, buttery, slightly salty and nutty too. The Oatmeal Raisin is, I were told , the best seller. It was also super chewy. I just found it too sweet though esp the raisins.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...