Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mann Yann

We were at Robinsons Place Ermita two Sundays ago and for dinner we ate at our favorite Chinese restaurant, Mann Yann (formerly Ta Yann).

We ordered Deep Fried Dumplings, Hototay Soup, Yang Chow Fried Rice, Fish Tofu Hot Pot, Fried Spicy Squid, Steamed Fish with Garlic, Beef Brisket, Miki Bihon, Green Mango Shake, Strawberry and Sweet Corn Sherbet.

Photobucket
HOTOTAY SOUP (P220)
- clear soup with egg, meat, liver, seafood and vegetables
- just okay. I didn't get to enjoy it since my order of sweet corn sherbet was served first.

Photobucket
DEEP FRIED DUMPLINGS (P120/6PCS)
- a favorite of my brother, but I like the steam one more

Photobucket
Photobucket
YANG CHOW FRIED RICE (P200)
- Chinese fried rice with shrimps, minced pork, egg and green peas
- good and well-seasoned

Photobucket
MIKI BIHON (P250)
- this was so good. Well-seasoned and generously topped with meats and vegetables.

Photobucket
BEEF BRISKET (P280)
- I didn't try this because it arrived late, but my brother-in-law liked it

Photobucket
FISH TOFU HOT POT (P260)
- this was just okay

Photobucket
FRIED SPICY SQUID (P300)
- not spicy at all but still delicious dipped in vinegar. I was hoping for the same squid experience as that of what we had in Makansutra Singapore though. But this will do for now.

Photobucket
STEAMED FISH WITH GARLIC
- this was better than Superbowl's version. Thick fish fillet and with the garlic tasting buttery at times

Photobucket
GREEN MANGO SHAKE (P90)
- very sour. It will really cleanse your palate of MSG overload

Photobucket
STRAWBERRY SHERBET (P90)

Photobucket
SWEET CORN SHERBET (P90)

- the Sweet Corn was just okay. I like their Strawberry Sherbet more. It was sweet and tart at the same time.

My favorites from the spread are the Steamed Fish with Garlic, the Fried Spicy Squid and the Miki Bihon.

I ate a lot that Sunday night.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...