We were at Robinsons Place Ermita two Sundays ago and for dinner we ate at our favorite Chinese restaurant, Mann Yann (formerly Ta Yann).
We ordered Deep Fried Dumplings, Hototay Soup, Yang Chow Fried Rice, Fish Tofu Hot Pot, Fried Spicy Squid, Steamed Fish with Garlic, Beef Brisket, Miki Bihon, Green Mango Shake, Strawberry and Sweet Corn Sherbet.
HOTOTAY SOUP (P220)
- clear soup with egg, meat, liver, seafood and vegetables
- just okay. I didn't get to enjoy it since my order of sweet corn sherbet was served first.
DEEP FRIED DUMPLINGS (P120/6PCS)
- a favorite of my brother, but I like the steam one more
YANG CHOW FRIED RICE (P200)
- Chinese fried rice with shrimps, minced pork, egg and green peas
- good and well-seasoned
MIKI BIHON (P250)
- this was so good. Well-seasoned and generously topped with meats and vegetables.
BEEF BRISKET (P280)
- I didn't try this because it arrived late, but my brother-in-law liked it
FISH TOFU HOT POT (P260)
- this was just okay
FRIED SPICY SQUID (P300)
- not spicy at all but still delicious dipped in vinegar. I was hoping for the same squid experience as that of what we had in Makansutra Singapore though. But this will do for now.
STEAMED FISH WITH GARLIC
- this was better than Superbowl's version. Thick fish fillet and with the garlic tasting buttery at times
GREEN MANGO SHAKE (P90)
- very sour. It will really cleanse your palate of MSG overload
STRAWBERRY SHERBET (P90)
SWEET CORN SHERBET (P90)
- the Sweet Corn was just okay. I like their Strawberry Sherbet more. It was sweet and tart at the same time.
My favorites from the spread are the Steamed Fish with Garlic, the Fried Spicy Squid and the Miki Bihon.
I ate a lot that Sunday night.