Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Turk's Beef Shawarma

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Beef with onions, tomatoes, lettuce and grated cheese wrapped in warm tortilla bread, topped with yogurt, cheese and chili sauces.

Photobucket
If I didn't know it, I would have guessed that the filling was pork longganisa instead of beef. The color, texture and taste were all similar to a longganisa. It was sweet with lots of fatty bits and pieces.

Photobucket
If you like longganisa you'll surely like the shawarma. But since I am not that fond of fatty longganisa, I like everything in the shawarma except it. The tortilla bread was so soft, even after a day in the chiller.

At some point though I experience a spine-chilling effect from the oily and fatty filling. Good thing though that I bought just the small and not the regular shawarma.

Photobucket

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...