Monday, December 8, 2008

Deep Dish Brownies

With my left-over semi-sweet baking chocolate, I baked a brownie recipe I got from the Food Network, Made-Over Deep Dish Brownies.

Photobucket
I used less sugar and butter which meant less calories per serving. A good thing if you eat as much brownies as I do.

Photobucket
The finished product was moist and soft on top but burnt and hard on the bottom. I don’t know why since I baked it for just 20 minutes when according to the directions I was supposed to bake it for 30 minutes when using silicone and 40 minutes when not. I checked the brownies 20 minutes into the baking cycle and found it already setting. I checked it again with a toothpick and it came out clean. I immediately brought it out of the oven, cooled it for 5 minutes and started slicing it into 2-inch squares. It sort of disintegrated in my every slice.

Photobucket
Next time I’ll underbake it and let it cool completely before cutting. I’ll also add more white chocolate chunks because they really made the brownies yummier and I really love white chocolates. The more the merrier.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...