Friday, December 12, 2008

TAPA KING

Photobucket
Before hearing mass at the Baclaran Church we (my husband and I) had a late lunch of
Tapa Queen (plate) P125, Tapa King (bowl) P72, Palabok P68 and Chocolate Cake P50 at Tapa King in Mall of Asia.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I used to eat here back in college and it used to be good, with the tender but still juicy beef. That day what was served were somewhat dry and rubbery (for both tapas). Their palabok was also dry but okay-tasting.

I was hesitant to order dessert with their not-so-good food that day but when I asked the server where they source their chocolate cake she told me that it’s from their sister company, Sugarhouse. I thought to myself that since they’re known for their cakes (which tends to be expensive), this was a rare chance for me to sample one for more or less half the price of Sugarhouse.

Photobucket
2 layers of chocolate cake filled with caramel and coated with chocolate icing.

Photobucket
The caramel and chocolate were both good. The cake was also moist but somewhere in between it's reminiscent of the “sweetheart pastry” (the rectangular-shaped, purple-colored pastry) that’s sold in corner bakeries, which was good but cheap.

I just think that for that taste it should be priced a little less. Don’t get me wrong, it was good but for the “sweetheart pastry” taste and the kind of resto Tapa King is, that it should be priced a little less.


Happy Eating!

TAPA KING
SM Mall of Asia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...