Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mexicali

When I was craving last week for something mexican, I chose to dine at nowhere else but in Mexicali in Makati.

I ordered Chicken Enchilada with Mexican Rice and Salad for P175.

Photobucket
Baked filled tortillas covered with salsa ranchera, cheese and sour cream.

Photobucket
The tortilla was soft, the chicken filling was tender, flaky, well-seasoned and more than enough for the tortilla wrap. Also, the sour cream enhanced the overall taste of the dish. And the rice and salsa were both seasoned just right.

Photobucket
I don't think I will be satisfied with just one, I would want to eat it several times a week.

Photobucket
For dessert I had the Butterscotch Pie P75, a family recipe of the owner of Mexicali.

Photobucket
Caramel/butterscotch filled pie topped with spiked toasted meringue.

The spiked meringue was reminiscent of a baked alaska. I love the caramel/butterscotch filling but not the dry and hard pie crust. It was rock-hard that I wasn't able to bite thru it.

Photobucket

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...