Monday, July 13, 2009

UNIT 8 CAFE

Photobucket
I first saw the cafe on another blog and looked for it at MOA last week. Unfortunately, I bumped into two guards that told me that the restos closed already, disappointed I ate at French Baker instead. Later that night I saw their account on facebook and asked them about it. I was told that I was given the wrong information by the guards and that they are still open.

I came back the next day, excited to try their Fried Lasagna Rolls P285 and White Chocolate Bread Pudding P185.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Bite size lasagna served with a twist. Rolled not layered, fried not baked. Served with marinara sauce.

Photobucket
It's something different and filling for an appetizer/starter.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the smell and the crunch of the perfectly-seasoned breading paired with the creamy cheese and the not so tangy marinara sauce. I can easily get use to eating it.

Photobucket
The garlic cream sauce on the other hand tasted different. I didn't taste the garlic no matter how hard I tried. I even asked the servers several times if there's really garlic in the sauce. But I know that I have tasted something similar to the sauce, what, I can't remember.

Photobucket
Each roll was generously-filled with meat sauce and cheese. It's an unhealthy but delicious way of eating my fave Italian dish.

Photobucket
The White Chocolate Bread Pudding is served with vanilla ice cream on whiskey sauce.

Photobucket
I didn't taste the white chocolate but just something sweet. Still, the pudding's good. Sweet, crunchy, soft, warm and cold.

The crunchy but soft pudding paired with the cold ice cream and the warm whiskey sauce is divine.

Photobucket
The only downside was, when the ice cream's gone, the whiskey sauce becomes too strong, as if drinking the whiskey straight-up. I'm tipsy, don't let me drive (as if I do :-) )

Photobucket

Happy Eating!

UNIT 8 CAFE
South Wing Ground Floor,
Entertainment Mall,
SM Mall of Asia
- near coffee bean and tea leaf and beside gallanera

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...